/* Variable definitions

Tasty Side to Life Tours Website

Friday, February 18, 2011

Open Faced Egg Sandwich

Soft Scrambled Oven-Face Egg Sandwich with Ribbons of Zucchini, Basil and a touch of Black Truffle Oil

I have a quite possibly, what could be called- an"obsession" with brunch. I would hands down say it is my favorite meal. When I think of my 1 and only favorite homey California meal immediately my mom's perfect little breakfasts comes to mind. This usually includes some Buena Vista Social Club jamming on the bose music system + a bright fresh tall smoothie filled with blueberry, banana, almond milk, greek yogurt paired with a egg white, chevre, spinach + heirloom tomato omelette served alongside some crusty, well toasted wheat bread with olive oil and sea salt on top. Yummm makes me miss my Mom.

In terms of brunch, I don't really discriminate. I love gingerbread pancakes with lemon curd and pears, burbon pecan waffles, eggs, omelets and especially breakfast pizzas. This little meal was a quick healthy burst of flavor. Farm fresh soft scrambled eggs, market zucchini shaved into ribbons, diced avocado and a touch of black truffle oil and sea salt all piled high on top of some healthy Wasa toast.



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...