/* Variable definitions

Tasty Side to Life Tours Website

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A True American Delight: Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup


Ohh smothering cheese, tangy sourdough bread and the rich creaminess of tomato soup. It's such an odd yet perfect truly American combo. I really want to make these for a cocktail party one day. This is from my top 5 fav blogs Cup of Joe. http://joannagoddard.blogspot.com/. I'm def going to make this soon and give the recipe but if your around SF really nothing beats the grilled cheese at Hog Island Oyster company!

When I make this tasty true american treat I'd add heirloom tomatoes to the soup base and garnished the soup with beautiful mini multi colored grape tomatoes that are ohhh so flavorfull and delicious and perhaps add a touch of basil oil and himalian pink sea salt or even the truffle salt I just discovered. Wouldn't that be good?

I heart Hog Island Oyster Co http://www.hogislandoysters.com in the Ferry Building in Sf and their farm in Marshall by Point Reyes, ca http://www.hogislandoysters.com/farm/location.

Hog Island Oyster Company
1 Ferry Building Shop #111
San Francisco, CA 94111

(415) 391-7117


The grilled cheese at Hog Island is TO DIE FOR. Its made with Messo secco, cave aged Gruyere and Fromage Blanc. I also die for the oysters, the clam chowder is incredible and the terragon baked oysters with butter, tarragon, shallots and orange zest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...