/* Variable definitions

Tasty Side to Life Tours Website

Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Have a lovely week!


Thanks for reading my blog! I know I haven't been that active yet this year BUT 2020 I am changing that! I feel like this year we all could use a little more enrichment in our lives.

I'm excited to share my fav food, travel, home, relationship, culture, friendship posts and teach more about wine. I hope I can bring joy to someone out there :)

Stay safe this week and hope this list below helps pass some SIP time during COVID-19:

This book "The Universe has your back". We are all struggling right now with some fear, loss of our freedoms and restrictions to our day to day life during SIP. This can trigger so much.... ie past trauma, the desire to control, depression, anxiety, stress, etc, etc. My worry is that people get stuck in this fear after COVID-19 is over. Fear can be addictive and it makes us resist happiness. This book teaches you how to transform your fear into faith and focus on joy!

The book reminds you that the presence of fear is a sure sign you are trusting in your own strength. Yet, this isn't the right approach. The moment you realign with love and stop relying on your own strength your life will flow naturally.

So focus on the love of your partner, love of your family, love of your friends and love of food right now... just focus on love, not fear! Approach your fear with love, then let the fear go and this will clear your path to happiness.

This knotted headband on sale and is so cute!

This always makes me laugh. Agenda for today- let the dog in, let the dog out, let the dog in, let the dog out

I want to make this healthy burger this week- The PLANT veggie burger from San Francisco, CA the secret is Beets, Lentils, Mushroom, millet to hold it together

This cookbook author David Lebowitz is always my go to for recipes! He's an American expat in Paris and has the best food taste in my opinion. You know the type of chef you just trust and love anything he makes?

LOVED this Carnitas recipe and I used a mix of David's recipe and this. The question is the braising liquid. Do you use beer, water or Mexican bottled Coke? I served it with rice and beans and guac.  I used this recipe for rice vs water amounts but watched this video to cook the rice! The secret is to watch someone from Mexico make Mexican rice so it's authentic :) It's all about blending the onion, garlic, tomato in a blender and then adding chicken stock and using that as your liquid to cook the rice!! Also made beans and margaritas and Neko's guacamole with lots and lots of lime that keeps it green. I swear this guac gets even better on Day 2 and Day 3!

The perfect gift for someone's upcoming bday- these Tiffanys rings for $210 and the LOVE ring is amazing I love it!

Dreaming of Orange natural wine and my friends who make Altura wines in gorgeous Isola del Giglio. Francesco Carfagna and his wife Gabriela has the most zen approach to wine and I adore it and him and his whole family. I wish I was there right now. Check it out

My favorite 8am daily free workout - ex soccer players lead this and it gives you mental and physical training that we all need so much during these tough times! He inspires you to get off your couch, to stay positive and to push forward.

This happy playlist to blast during the day and keep the endorphins up

1 comment:

  1. It was perfect the first time. I learn so much from you as well! Keep it up great post.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...