So it is Superbowl season. Yup the time of year with dips, wings and lots of beer. I'm not able to watch the Superbowl in France but yes I am daydreaming about superbowl menu planning and of course tweaking the festive menu a bit.... Here are some ideas I have:
1) Pork Cheek and Black Eyed Pea Chili-http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/pork-cheek-and-black-eyed-pea-chili. I mean pork cheek..yumm you can't really go wrong. Also a slow roasted homemade chili that fills the house with a smell of warm smokey flavor is a Yes.
2) Honey Chili Chicken wings topped with fresh scallions-I'm not a big fan of the typical average boring wing. Yet, throw some honey, rice vinegar, larger sized wings, big slivers of chili and scallions and you have me excited. http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/honey-chile-chicken-wings
3) Burger Bar- I think you can't go wrong with various sliders on a mneu. Might be a bit tricky to keep them warm but undercook them a bit and keep them in the oven at 200 (still lightly cooking and warm until guest arrive). Then top them with buns and voila! I would say 3 great options would be:
Mini Kobe beef with heirloom tomatoes, sauteed onions and truffle oil
Mini Buffalo with artisanal cheddar, jalapeno ketcup and a brioche bun
Ahi Tuna Burgers with brioche buns, racer thing sliced cucomber and lemon-wasabi olive oil
4) 4 Cheese Mac and Cheese in small glass jars with a touch of white truffle oil, small diced apples and bread crumbs. These are pictured without the topping but really nothing goes together like gorgonzola and the acidity and bite of an apple. Might sound like a weird combo but it's great. Also little latch jars are adorable and make anything look chic and tasty.
Served in jars like this...
5) Mini Tarte Tatin & Opera cakes with Bi-Rite Salted Carmel icecream and Brown Sugar with Ginger Caramel icecream. You can't ever go wrong with finishing with french desserts. After all they know what they're doing. These 2 are a bit complicated to make and they should be done in advance but would be a yummy ending for sure.